Palm Beach High School

The "School on the Hill" in West Palm Beach, FL

If we do not have a special group for former band members we really should have one... especially those under the direction of Howard "The Boss" Swyers. We had several reunions in the past but we do have much in common that is not reflected in class membership.

Views: 92

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Tom,

I added a group for band members.  Good suggestion.

George Reese, Admin.

I keep trying to reply, but my phone will not let me write Mr. Swyers name.  Well, there it is!  Anyway, the band was the BEST!  I miss those reunions!  I miss seeing all of you dear friends.  My PBHS Band memories are so precious to me.  We live in a great time period.  I would love to hear from you!

George Reese said:

Hello Tom,

I added a group for band members.  Good suggestion.

George Reese, Admin.

You're right Tom and Carolyn.   We band members were a  "family".  My memories of my time with the band (and the orchestra) are more precious to me than my class memories.  I took two of my band medals from the ribbons and made a pair of earrings with them and I wear them to some of our PBHS Alumni breakfasts.'

Carolyn, I can't wait to see you and other band members at your 1957 reunion in July.

Hi Tommy, it's been a long time! If was not for the band I might not have graduated. I know we had some problems, but that was then, I hope we can forget them.  The band was everything to me!  Frank Babcock.

Well Frank. We are all O F now and we see things just a little different... We have not lost too many yet (as far as I know) so I appreciate everyone just a little more.

Live near Orlando and travel is not easy.... So I don't go to events... But I miss everyone. Still have my mind however!

Tom

Thomas F. Ryan, Jr said:

Well Frank. We are all O F now and we see things just a little different... We have not lost too many yet (as far as I know) so I appreciate everyone just a little more.
Live near Orlando and travel is not easy.... So I don't go to events... But I miss everyone. Still have my mind however!

Tom

Frank,

I don't see your reply, but wanted to let you know that Tom Ryan passed away in September.

Judy Wolfson Smith  1952

JUDY WOLFSON SMITH said:

Frank,

I don't see your reply, but wanted to let you know that Tom Ryan passed away in September.

Judy Wolfson Smith  1952

Frank Draper Babcock said: 

I am sorry to learn that Tom Ryan is no longer with us; I should replied to him when I could.

JUDY WOLFSON SMITH said:

Frank,

Judy Wolfson Smith  1952

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by George Reese.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service